Need Something Like Mozy or MyPictureTown?

Posted by Matt | Posted in , | Posted on 8:00 AM







I have been looking for some time to find a program that would allow me to store photos online. In today's day and age if you lost a drive of photos it would be the equivalent of a fire in a house. I have a back up external drive of our photos but if the house burned down we would lose them. I have taken a drive out of the house but that is hard to remember. I have tried Mozy but it would not work on an external drive. If they could fix that it would be the way to go. I have started using My Picture Town by Nikon. It seems to be a good resource but it is taking forever to load all of our photos. It does have taking which is cool and it keeps them all online so that I can get to them anywhere. The price is very reasonable. I would expect with all the talk about Cloud Computing there will be a user friendly solution coming. If anyone knows of a tool that will work with a Mac or a PC - work with an external drive and constantly backup in increments for a low price please LET ME KNOW.

Comments (1)

Hey Matt,

You should try my company’s photo sharing software called Memeo Share. The software makes it possible to send your full-res photos and videos to your friends and families. A additional benefit is that it can also serve as an emergency backup for those files as well. When I was setting up something similar to what you are talking about I pointed the client to "My Pictures", which had about 10GBs of data at the time and it all upload. When I added new photos to "My Pictures", the photos were automatically backed up online. You can do this with an external drive as well, it is incredibly simple and if you want to just test it first, the service is free up to 1GB. After that, it is $4.95 a month.

Rachel Gross
Memeo