Complete Fulfillment Framework - Part 2

Posted by Matt | | Posted on 10:17 PM

In my last post I talked about the beginnings of Complete Fulfillment.  Once I had this concept in my head I was thinking about it all the time.  I realize that I had to actually figure out what the categories of my life I wanted to balance.  There are all sort of these out there ranging from simple to very complex.  I had to come up with something that fit my life.  I was discussing my thoughts on this with Karin and I was guessing at the categories just to get the broad point out there.  (Karin tends to be my sounding board for my crazy thoughts)  During that session she asked if I had looked at the Wheel of Life concept.  I had not so I looked it up and here is a version of what I found.


For the most part I like these categories but I added Spirituality or Faith.  I'm sure this fits into this model somewhere but it an important piece of my life that needs it's own category.  You will notice that there are points associated with each of these categories.  These are very judgemental which seems to me a guess at how you are feeling about each category.  That does not really work for me.  Below are the categories that I came up with and some subcategories.  This is important because of how I am choosing to look at the points each week.  I will explain that in my next post.  


Spirituality
  • Faith
  • Service
  • Goodwill
Family/Friends
  • Spouse
  • Kids
  • Extended Family
  • Friends
Heath
  • Diet
  • Physical Fitness
  • Mental
Personal Growth
  • Intellectual/Knowledge
  • Emotional Intelligence
  • Self Actualization
Career
  • Leadership
  • Management
  • Self Development
Finances
  • Debt
  • Savings
  • House
  • Retirement
  • College
Physical Environment
  • House
  • Cars
  • Yard
Romance


Fun & Recreation
  • Activities with wife
  • Activities with Kids
  • Activities by myself
  • Activities with friends
Note the lack of subcategories in Romance - if anyone out there has some suggestions about this or anything else I would love to hear.  One of the things I came to realize about his framework is that I wanted to make it something that anyone could adjust to fit their needs.  You will see this in the point system also.  As always please let me know your comments or feedback.

Posted via email from Matt Hixson's Posterous

Comments (0)